Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I payed off my fine at my felony probation, but he is not going

I payed off my fine at my felony probation, but he is not going to still allow me to drive. How can I file myself to either get off from probation or get that clause removed?

Thelawman2 :

How long has it been since you were put on probation?

Thelawman2 :

In order to get the probation terms changed, you would need to petition the court that sentenced you to probation to have the terms modified.

Customer:

I can do that myself without a lawyer?

Thelawman2 :

Yes, but hiring a lawyer might make the process easier. The applicable Georgia statute reads: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the court may shorten the period of probation on motion of the defendant or on its own motion, if the court determines that probation is no longer necessary or appropriate for the ends of justice, the protection of society, and the rehabilitation of the defendant.

Customer:

Where can I get the paperwork at to do that?

Thelawman2 :

You should call the clerk of the court where you were sentenced to find out the proper paperwork, but I would suggest at least consulting with an experienced local criminal defense attorney to advise you on the process.

Customer:

Thank you

Thelawman2 :

Sorry, I had a Box checked which prevented you from rating the answer, you may now rate my answer

Customer:

Okay