CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

Hello, I am an adult over 18 and accidentally sent the wrong

I am an adult over 18 and accidentally sent the wrong person (also an adult) 4 nude picture attachments in one email--an autocomplete accident. I realized some hours later, apologized for the mistake and asked them to please delete them. Can this be taken to the police? I have not been in further contact with the person.

Thank you for any help.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Did they respond to your email explaining the situation? Was this someone who you had in your email address book, which resulted in the autocomplete?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not received a response, and I have not emailed this person, so I guess it was not an autocomplete issue, I just mistyped a number.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am just worried about the recipient pursuing criminal charges against me for sending these unsolicited.

Jim, thank you for the additional information. You said you mistyped a number. How do you know the other person is an adult? Do you actually know who you sent this to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just checked--the person is on my facebook friend list, but I don't know or remember them. My phone suggested the completed address, it starts similarly to the intended person's, and I didn't look at it closely before sending. But Facebook confirms the person is almost 30.

Jim, thank you. It is clear that this was an accident and you never intended to send the pictures to this person. It was a result of your phone suggesting the completed address, of a person who was not the intended recipient. As such, you did the right thing but placing them on notice and making them aware of the mistake. The person could proceed to the police and file a report but the matter would have to be investigated. If contacted by the police, you can advise of the same. Considering this was NOT a minor child and it is not uncommon in the social media age to receive photos that are inappropriate, I doubt the person would take action or the police would proceed with an investigation. If this continued to happen, it would be a different story. However, the person may only go so far as report this to facebook, if there were truly concerned or block you from their page.