How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26740
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can you get set aside when they depriving you of your constitution

This answer was rated:

can you get set aside when they depriving you of your constitution rights and due process of law.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. Was this defendant found guilty at trial or did they take a plea? What is it they want to set aside?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was found guilty at trial years ago like too set aside


Thank you for the additional information. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. In order for a fin ding of guilty to be set a side, an appeal would needed to have been filed. There must be a legal basis to file an appeal and for the appeals court to review the record to determine if there was error. Moreover, the appeal normally needs to be filed within 30 days. If this happened years ago, you likely would have lost the time frame to appeal at this point. You stated above that your due process rights were violated and constitutional rights as well, so this is something that would require the record to be reviewed. As I mentioned above, the time frame for this has likely passed but you should consider consulting with an appeals attorney today, who can look over the facts and determine if anything can still be done, based upon the history of the case.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you