Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

The crime happenedin 98 they did not make me start regetisting

Customer Question

The crime happenedin 98 they did not make me start regetisting till 2007. Ten years after the incident
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Guru replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. How can I help you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already. Paid 43 this morning

Do you have another question or are you trying to reach the previous expert you communicated with for a clarification of his answer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
9i I was charged in 98 for sexual abuse in the 2nd degree a class a misyominor I got three years probation the courts nor probation told I had to register a level 1 sex offender. Ten years later they told me I had to register the courts should have told me at court that I had yo register but they did not having yo register is a punishment. And you can't be punished for the same crime twice
I finished my 3 years probation with no rescurances. Now ten Yeats later in 07 they made me register which is double jeporday my registry should have started in 98 not 07 so the ten years back I don't get on my 20 year registery.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you there
Yes, sorry for the delay. Your conviction state and current state of residence are different, correct?