Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

i have been falsely accused of having affair With a womans

i have been falsely accused of having affair With a woman's husband . she insulted me on Facebook, and she continue to spread the false rumors and insult me to our friends and acquaintances ,its been 2 years and she get worse.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

I have read your facts, is there a specific question I could assist you with?

Customer:

i cant find d answer yet

JD 1992 :

I haven't given an answer yet because I don't see a question, just facts. Is there a specific question I could assist you with?

Customer:

i have been falsely accused of having

Customer:

what should we do about this to get her to stop

JD 1992 :

There is only one way to make them stop and that would be to apply for an injunction through a court. You can sue them for slander as well, but those cases rarely end up making more than they cost so the important thing is to make her stop spreading the rumors and an injunction can do that.

Customer:

what is injunction

JD 1992 :

An injunction is an order from a judge directing someone to stop doing something.

JD 1992 :

In this case, it would direct her to stop talking about you with other people.

Customer:

and what if she did not

JD 1992 :

Then you could file a Motion for Contempt and the judge could fine her or even put her in jail for a while. Usually they wouldn't put her in jail the first time btu if she continues they will.

Customer:

thank u vry much...u have a gud day :)

JD 1992 :

You're welcome and to you as well.

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you on this and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work. The website only gives credit to the expert if you give a Positive Rating.

Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.