CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

Hello, I have a question, I live in Connecticut, and this

I have a question, I live in Connecticut, and this morning I just happen to just be thinking back when I made a terrible and stupid mistake about 8 years ago, I was convicted of misdemeanor and was sentenced to do community service, which I completed very shortly after was sentenced. However, I was also ordered to pay a fine. I had JUST realized and remembered that I never did pay it. I could not afford it at the time. I just plain forgot though the years. WHERE do I pay a fine and can I be re-arrested ? I want to pay it now. Where do I go to pay a fine and will it now be more if it is years later ?
Thank you in advance.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. For you to be arrested, there would need to be a warrant for you arrest. The only way that would likely happen, was if you were on probation at the time and your failure to pay was a violation. If you were never placed on probation and just forgot to pay the fine and court costs, it is likely that your license could and may be suspended or the fine/court cost was sent to collections and is incurring interest. As such, you should be able to resolve this on Tuesday, when the court opens, since Monday is a legal holiday. You can likely appear in person, at the court house where the case was handled and speak with the clerk of court. You can provide them with your name and the case number ( if you know it) and they should tell you the amount owed. The only alternative would be to see if you can pay fines/court costs online, through their website and try to do that today. It likely will be more since late fees and interest may be added.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You for your response,

Yes, a little embarrassing to say the least.

I am not sure if I was ever on probation ? Really seems silly, that I don't know, I have never been arrested before, and it was 8 years ago. The fine was for 200 dollars. I just renewed my license last year. So, that is alright.

Do all fines that are ordered by court, payable to clerks office correct ? And yes, I was trying to fine the website to pay online through this court, but haven't been able to find it.

So, botXXXXX XXXXXne, I can not be rearrested ? how do I know that there IS A WARRENT for Me ????

Thank You

If you never received anything in the mail regarding this and was able to renew your license last year, then there is no issue with your license being suspended and the odds of a warrant are slim. The clerk of court should be able to tell you if there was a warrant issued and if you can find your case online, the docket/history would reflect it. Based upon what you stated, I doubt you will be re-arrested. It is even more odd that you never received any time of notice about this, but it still needs to be resolved. On Tuesday, go in person to the clerk of court, who will be able to handle the matter and close it out by looking up your information in the system.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alright, I am just worried about this and upset that I forgot about it all this time. I am a Mother, and the last thing I need is to have a warrant or to be rearrested. Thank You for calming my nerves a bit. I do feel better.

Yes, nothing in the mail. I will call on Tues. I have looked up my case. I have my case number XXXXX I will call them.

THANK YOU ! I will rate your service. It was Excellent .