How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question

CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 19732
Experience:  8+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I have a question, I live in Connecticut, and this

Resolved Question:

I have a question, I live in Connecticut, and this morning I just happen to just be thinking back when I made a terrible and stupid mistake about 8 years ago, I was convicted of misdemeanor and was sentenced to do community service, which I completed very shortly after was sentenced. However, I was also ordered to pay a fine. I had JUST realized and remembered that I never did pay it. I could not afford it at the time. I just plain forgot though the years. WHERE do I pay a fine and can I be re-arrested ? I want to pay it now. Where do I go to pay a fine and will it now be more if it is years later ?
Thank you in advance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. For you to be arrested, there would need to be a warrant for you arrest. The only way that would likely happen, was if you were on probation at the time and your failure to pay was a violation. If you were never placed on probation and just forgot to pay the fine and court costs, it is likely that your license could and may be suspended or the fine/court cost was sent to collections and is incurring interest. As such, you should be able to resolve this on Tuesday, when the court opens, since Monday is a legal holiday. You can likely appear in person, at the court house where the case was handled and speak with the clerk of court. You can provide them with your name and the case number ( if you know it) and they should tell you the amount owed. The only alternative would be to see if you can pay fines/court costs online, through their website and try to do that today. It likely will be more since late fees and interest may be added.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 19732
Experience: 8+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
CrimDefense and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You for your response,

Yes, a little embarrassing to say the least.

I am not sure if I was ever on probation ? Really seems silly, that I don't know, I have never been arrested before, and it was 8 years ago. The fine was for 200 dollars. I just renewed my license last year. So, that is alright.

Do all fines that are ordered by court, payable to clerks office correct ? And yes, I was trying to fine the website to pay online through this court, but haven't been able to find it.

So, botXXXXX XXXXXne, I can not be rearrested ? how do I know that there IS A WARRENT for Me ????

Thank You

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
If you never received anything in the mail regarding this and was able to renew your license last year, then there is no issue with your license being suspended and the odds of a warrant are slim. The clerk of court should be able to tell you if there was a warrant issued and if you can find your case online, the docket/history would reflect it. Based upon what you stated, I doubt you will be re-arrested. It is even more odd that you never received any time of notice about this, but it still needs to be resolved. On Tuesday, go in person to the clerk of court, who will be able to handle the matter and close it out by looking up your information in the system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alright, I am just worried about this and upset that I forgot about it all this time. I am a Mother, and the last thing I need is to have a warrant or to be rearrested. Thank You for calming my nerves a bit. I do feel better.


Yes, nothing in the mail. I will call on Tues. I have looked up my case. I have my case number XXXXX I will call them.


THANK YOU ! I will rate your service. It was Excellent .

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Your Expert advise has provided insight on a difficult situation. Thank you so much for the prompt response. I will definitely recommend your website to my friends. Norma Pensacola, FL
< Previous | Next >
  • Your Expert advise has provided insight on a difficult situation. Thank you so much for the prompt response. I will definitely recommend your website to my friends. Norma Pensacola, FL
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL

Meet The Experts:

  • Ely

    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
< Last | Next >
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • Nate's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
  • P. Simmons's Avatar

    P. Simmons


    Satisfied Customers:

    16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
  • LawTalk's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    30 years legal experience
  • Marsha411JD's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
  • RobertJDFL's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
  • AttorneyTom's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers: