Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

for JD 1992 Hey as you know ive been in trouble with DUIs

for JD 1992

Hey as you know i've been in trouble with DUIs here in colorado....I contacted DMV and i believe this to be wrong but, they said since ive not been here 6 months, im still a CA resident.....and to call x # XXXXX get the revokation lifted, even though they stamped my CA DL as invalid.

Is it poisble or even legal re ask CA to send me another copy, saying it was lost, etc? Or is that just gona jam me up....
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 :

Thanks for asking for me again.It's just gonna jam you up at some point. They are right in that you are technically a CA resident for six months (kind of) but what will happen if you get another CA drivers license is that at some point it will get suspended based on the CO issue and CA will send you a notice of suspension which you may or may not get, most people don't seem to get them for some reason. At that point when you get pulled over you will be driving on a suspended license and will be arrested and have another charge to deal with. it's really not worth the trouble.

Customer:

was just an idea -

Customer:

btw, i made it on the site as an expert as well.

Customer:

i feel for you -

JD 1992 :

Good for you! I hope you get lots of questions.

Customer:

do you know if there is a limit of time on blood results?

Customer:

mine has been out for like a month

JD 1992 :

No, no limit..

Customer:

one of their crime labs got shut down for contamination

Customer:

how about for file a police report? they waited 1 month, thats all that was in discovery.

JD 1992 :

No, no limit on that either.

Customer:

damnit im f**ked

Customer:

i really hate colorado.

JD 1992 :

It's a tough place to be a defendant, but there are worse. Anywhere in the South is worse.

Customer:

Small town.

Customer:

the cops here are total ass wipes.

JD 1992 :

Goes with the territory. Big fish in a small pond kind of thing.

Customer:

any idea with one DUI and perhaps two, it is to get reinsertev with an interlock thing?

Customer:

i guess - i sucks

Customer:

never ever had problems in Cali.

Customer:

LAPD could give 2 shits

Customer:

im just looking not to do 2+ years in jail.....

Customer:

no one was hurt.

Customer:

just DUIs with some other bullshit charges they cant prove.

Customer:

and for all i know, my blood is lost.

JD 1992 :

The smaller the area the bigger the issue. You may want to look into some type of rehab instead of jail argument, once your blood test comes back.

Customer:

i asked

Customer:

denied.

Customer:

theier jail is small

Customer:

plenty of room.

Customer:

and everyone i talked to there, in for a duil.

Customer:

kinda nuts

Customer:

is this typical for small towns?

JD 1992 :

Yes, but DUI is one of those "political issues".

JD 1992 :

Yes it's pretty typical.

Customer:

the cops here make like 5.80 an hour, i do better on the couch.

Customer:

yeah, i was last pulled over b/c my back left tire hit a yellow

JD 1992 :

There's not much going on in a small town so they make their own excitement.

Customer:

on a sitch back.

Customer:

switch back

Customer:

man, i dont know how f**king cops and the da live with them self.

Customer:

so i guess i could hit their max

JD 1992 :

They like the power.

Customer:

2 years?

JD 1992 :

Possible. Unlikely but possible.

Customer:

which is dumb when someone can make them tax money.

Customer:

lol

Customer:

your a defender?

Customer:

or prosecuter?

JD 1992 :

I did a little city prosecution work but a lot of defense.

Customer:

i swear to god the only DA in town here walks around with a huge boner

JD 1992 :

Hundreds if not thousands of cases.

Customer:

how is this deemed to be fair?

Customer:

as an example one of ouir sherrifs got hung up on molesting a 9 year old for 3 years.

Customer:

he got out quick

Customer:

me, i have 2 beers and im getting my ass kicked by the da.

Customer:

and my lawyer who i hired, is kind of a dumb ass

JD 1992 :

The justice system doesn't have much justice in it. Sad but true.

JD 1992 :

Gotta run to a meeting.

JD 1992 :

Talk to you later.

Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.