Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Will a misdemeanor of a minor child show up on a background

Will a misdemeanor of a minor child show up on a background check?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Scott,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. By minor, do you mean under the age of 18, or minor for purposes of alcohol possession/consumption?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Minor under 18 years of age.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Scott,

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, as I need to step away from my office, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am another expert on Justanswer. Your other expert oped out.

YES... unless you seal it, which is not hard to do.

In Arizona, after one completes the juvenile sentence, the juvenile court does not automatically seal the records. One has to petition the court to destroy the records. However, once the record is destroyed, it is as though the charge and case never existed, and it would not show up on a background check.

Thus, if this has not been done, the case is still on the official record. But once the motion to seal the record is executed, then the record is destroyed.

As such, it is recommended to file this motion to seal the record as soon as possible if it has not been done already. May I recommend the Martindale Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Excellent answer. Do you have any idea how long this process takes?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kind words, friend.

Properly done, a Motion to Seal normally is very fast - it can normally be filed and heard within the span of a month on a normal docket. Again, an attorney is best, XXXXX XXXXX

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.