Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Inmate in oklahoma for trafficing of marajuana. has not been

Inmate in oklahoma for trafficing of marajuana. has not been able to get required courses for parole. due to over crowding and counselrs not authorized to give courses. My question is can the inmate be given a parole, and then complete the said courses?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. Is the inmate up for a parole hearing soon?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

his second parole try is February of 2014

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Please understand that parole is not a right, but a privilege, granted by the state.

As such, the parole board may wish to see that he took these classes in their decision. If they are unavailable, then it would behoove him to get documentation illustrating that they are unavailable, to show to the parole board that he tried to take them, but they were not available. With luck, the parole board will see that while he did not take them, his intentions were good, and may agree to release him, making the taking of these classes part of the parole conditions. So while there is no guarantee, at the very least, this may help to sway the board at the hearing.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will likely have more questions regarding this problem, can we keep the conversation open?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Actually, if you rate, you can always come back for free follow ups - the page does not "close." Simply point your browser to...

http://www.justanswer.com/criminal-law/7ynmb-inmate-oklahoma-trafficing-marajuana-not.html

...and ask a follow up. So you may rate now and do follow ups, or, rate later. We do ask that you rate at least once, and positively.

Do not worry, I am not going anywhere once you rate.