Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

online meds

I ordered some medication online which was approved, prescription written, by an online doctor. I was under the impression this was legal but have since found out it is not and I am now holding a small amount (less than 30 pills) of percocet without, it seems, a valid prescription. I picked it up at the post office without incident, thank goodness, but is there a chance now they will come to my house and arrest me? Should I destroy the drugs or turn them in or just not worry about it?

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex J. Esq. :

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Alex J. Esq. :

Unfortunately, it is a felony to order class 2 prescription drugs without physically seeing a doctor who prescribes them.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Customer:

yes

Alex J. Esq. :

Have you been contacted by police or anyone else about this issue?

Customer:

no

Alex J. Esq. :

Please give me a minute to look something up for you.

Customer:

thank you

Customer:

The company I ordered from obviously gave me wrong and dangerous information, should I report them?

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, while I cannot tell you to get rid of any evidence, such as class 2 drugs, possession of such drugs without valid prescription is a felony, so you can make your own decision.

Alex J. Esq. :

Also, DEA constantly monitors and investigate online pharmacies and it is possible that you might fall under their investigation and if that happens, then you would not want to speak to anyone or to make any statements, but you would need to consult and retain local criminal defense attorneys.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

Of course it is my decision but I am here because I lack experience and expertise in such matters. It seems that you are both suggesting I don't "destroy evidence" nor "speak to anyone or to make statements" does this mean doing nothing is the safest option?

Alex J. Esq. :

It is a felony to have possession of class 2 drugs.

Customer:

I know that now so how I do get rid of them?

Alex J. Esq. :

I cannot tell you what to do or what not to do, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local criminal defense attorney upon full review of your situation.

Alex J. Esq. :

I can only provide you with general answer to your legal question.

Customer:

I see. I understand your role better now. Thank you for your time and information.

Alex J. Esq. :

Sure.

Alex J. Esq. :

Do you have any related follow up question?

Customer:

I suppose I just wanted some advice but that is not what you are here to give, so no I guess not. Thanks though.