Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

Can the TX Parole Board add five months to my sentence?

Can the Texas Parole Board add five months to the end of my sentence? I absconded for five months, was arrested and served time, was released on mandatory supervision. I was charged the fees for the five months and the five months were added to the end of my sentence as well. . 

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Yes, I am afraid that in Texas the Parole Board has the authority to extend parole/supervision and they act as the court in matters involving inmates. You do have a right to appeal the parole board's decision to the court, but If you did commit a parole violation and were arrested, they have a right to extend your sentence for that time I am afraid.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.