Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

My friend is a citizen here in the U.S. but very meek and not

My friend is a citizen here in the U.S. but very meek and not vocal. Her husband had her arrested and put in prison for identity theft for using his information to open a charge card in his name. While in prison she ended up on suicide watch. The case was thrown out but now she has this on her record. she has 4 children and one one the way. She lives in VA.. and can't afford an attorney, and has filed a lot of paper work for legal advice. Her husband has moved out and she needs help.
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

What specific kind of help is she in need of?

And when you say the case was "thrown out", was it outright dismissed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Sir, it was dismissed. She says she has to get the record expunged, even though it never went to court? And that most job applications ask" if you ever been charged with a criminal offense". She would like to go back to work one day and get a job to take care of her kids. And I think her husband may use this mark against her to gain custody of the kids in the future. Since she is limited her knowledge, wants to be more prepared for what may be ahead.

She needs to get it expunged to remove it from the public record. Once it is expunged she can legally answer "no" to any question regarding being charged of a crime. The court clerk where she was charged will have forms to use to submit. The district attorney and the judge will approve the request and then the clerk will destroy the record. Then as far as employers are concerned it never happened.

As it was dismissed it will be of little value to the husband in gaining custody of the children.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.