Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

is there set rules a confidential informant has to follow to

is there set rules a confidential informant has to follow to be a credible witness....I mean could a crackhead be a CI and testify in court?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
Kirk Adams : There are no specific rules regarding a confidential informant, but there are rules of evidence that deal with the competency of a wtiness.
Kirk Adams : Bear with me aa moment and I'll try to get you a link..
Customer:

so if she was on crack during the time she is a witness for the police would that be what u are talking abt?

Kirk Adams : Here's a link to the rules regarding competency: http://www.wilsonfloridalaw.com/Florida-Evidence-Code-Competency-Witnesses.html
Kirk Adams : Yes, if the person is under the influence of drugs, then he/she should not be considered competent to testify.
Kirk Adams : Also, the person's use of drugs could be considered grounds to challenge the credibility of the witness.
Customer:

ok thanks

Kirk Adams : Sure.