MyraB
MyraB, Lawyer
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.
74614265

I am unhappy with my banker because of some stupid policy they

I am unhappy with my banker because of some stupid policy they have. I want to write this letter which is whole heatedly honest. Please let me know if this in anyway threatening or if I could in any trouble? Terrie is my personal banker

"Terri
Keep in mind that my father, who has much more money in his account, is unhappy with 5th 3rd personally. As a multi million dollar company my father's Vice president aka the money man is unhappy with 5th 3rd. So this $11 service charge you want to put on my companion account may just be the icing on the cake. I've been with 5th 3rd longer than my company has, and you know we have millions sitting in your bank. So I guess the ball is in your court. If you want to continue to charge me $11 then we will go elsewhere. I don't care about the $11, it is just the principle of the matter and lack of respect. Chase bank is calling my name but more importantly they are calling our company's name. They want our business"
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  MyraB replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.

From my understanding, your letter is threatening to the extent that you are threatening to leave the bank and take your business and that of your company elsewhere if the bank doesn't waive an $11.00 service charge. This is a threat, but not a criminal threat. You are using the leverage that you have with the bank as a personal and business customer to attempt to get a charge waived which you believe is unwarranted in the circumstances. That is perfectly legal. You are negotiating and letting the bank know that they risk losing your business because you are not satisfied with their service.

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions.
MyraB, Lawyer
Experience: I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.