How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 32154
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does the out issue subpoena order?

This answer was rated:

How does the court issue subpoena order? By mail it as a regular mail or certify mail or send someone to find you in person to make sure you sign it in person to appear in the court? What happened if they cannot find you in person? Of if you are out of town or out of outcry for sometime, can they force you to come still as a witness or suspect in the court? Please reply for I like to know how to still live my life to do some travel to work but also the possible subpoena order when I am not even sure if that will happen or not. Do I require by the court to to be at home all the time to receive subpoena order or to change travel plan to show up? What is my right. I may need to care for my elderly parents overseas sometimes, will I have serious trouble to be in prison if I cannot show up in court if I went to higher state or country from a while? What will happen if they send someone to find me at home in person to receive subpoena order for I work all the time, will I get legal punishment? Please let me know my right and how to still live my life to work but face possible subpoena order despite the chance is very low now. Do I need t hire an attorney to reply to the persecutor when his office called to ask if I want to do a second interview? I told them I did not want to do any more interview when I did my first interview already. I feel being forced to respond to do anther interview, why is my right? Can I not respond without hire one attorney to pay high fee just to return their call or talk to persecutor not to bother me anymore for I do not have valuable information to offer anymore. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks. XXXXX XXXXXg

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Typically subpoenas are issued in person although occasionally they are mailed by certified mail.

JD 1992 :

There is no requirement that you change your schedule in any way but it is froned up on if you "dodge" service.

JD 1992 :

If you are subpoenaed and don't show then the judge can issue a warrant for you and have you arrested and placed in jail until you have a chance to explain to him why you ignored the order and the, if he chooses, he can place you back in jail as punishment.

JD 1992 :

You aren't required to go to the prosecutor and be interviewed a second time.

JD 1992 :

You can hire an attorney to "run interference" for you if you choose.

Customer: Please explain what do you mean by dodge service when they try to reach you in person to receive subpoena order? What if I need y travel or already in other state or outcry to travel so not be able to receive the order in person, what can I do so the court know I do not intend to ignore it ? What do you mean to hire an attorney to run interference for you? Does that mean the attorney can talk to persecutor to possible convince him that I do not know much so I do not need to be a witness or suspect? What is the chance of changing it ? Please reply soon. Thanks.
JD 1992 :

You don't have to let the court know anything. Some people just hide in their houses and don't answer the door. That is frowned upon but if you are going about your normal life you don't have to go out of your way to do anything to make it easier on them.

JD 1992 :

The attorney can talk to the prosecutor and try to make it as easy on you as possible. They can't keep you from being subpoenaed but they may be able to stop another interview or at least stop the prosecutor from contacting you directly.

Customer: Do I have my right just not to reply to voice message call from the persecutor office to want to maybe want to ask me some questions over the phone or for another interview? I told them I did not want another interview in person in my first face interview. Can they arrest me if I do not want second interview or not call back?
Customer: Please reply. I am waiting for your response. Thanks.
JD 1992 :

You are not required to call the prosecutor back.

JD 1992 :

They can't arrest you for not talking to them in a second interview.

Customer: Thank you so much. They cannot arrest me for not calling bak, right? In case I receive a court subpoena , will I have time to hire attorney then to interfere to possibly change it then?
JD 1992 :

They can't arrest you for not returning a phone call. You should have time to hire an attorney if they subpoena you.

Customer: Wills persecutor just not calling me again if I do to reply sine I told them I did not want any Robert interview and told them everything I knew already and no more valuable information I can give regarding billing for I did not handle it. Please reply. Thanks so much.
Customer: Thanks so much for your best service today.
JD 1992 :

I have no way of knowing what the prosecutor will and will not do if you call. Since he has interviewed you once I wouldn't think he needed to interview you again but apparently he thinks he does.

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome.

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you. Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) so I get credit for my work.

Dwayne B. and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.

Related Criminal Law Questions