Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.

What can I do about a man threaning me saying i will be eating

What can I do about a man threaning me saying i will be eating thru a straw via Facebook.
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

You can technically report it to the police as a verbal threat of physical violence. Now, they may or may not do anything about it. They may take the report, talk to the prosecutor and decide that they don't want to prosecute further. It really would be out of your hands.

But it would be good to have on record in case further threats were made. It could also make the police more responsive if the threats escalate. So, don't be discouraged if they decide not to do anything. There is value in the report alone.