Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

My ex worked at a Law Clinic for 5 years, took long road to

My ex worked at a Law Clinic for 5 years, took long road to the JD. My ex worked and practiced law under the Head of the Law Department of the School. i recently discovered that the Judge was/is an adjunct professor for the same law school. From my objective perspective, this judge has been one-sided and extremely heavy handed toward myself and has stated that my credibility was highly questionable when i was presenting facts from other official agencies from the state. This judge had granted ex parte motions while I was on military orders, ordered my appearance, and awarded money to my ex while I was away on military orders.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you can make a connection between your husband and the judge's participation in the law school clinic (or even as a professor who actually taught your husband) this is grounds for you to file a motion to recuse or remove the judge for appearance of bias or conflict. You would also need to file a motion to vacate the orders or file an appeal of those orders while you were on leave.

You need to get your motion to recuse/remove filed as soon as possible and explain also how you just discovered this connection and that the judge never disclosed that connection in the beginning of the matter. It is not sufficient that the judge is a teacher at the school, you have to prove the connection to your husband directly with the judge (such as he was his professor or they had some personal interaction through the law clinic).

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience