Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

My daughter is on parole. She was able to transfer to another

My daughter is on parole. She was able to transfer to another county to do her parole. She left the state without permission and was told by parole officer that she needs to go back to the original county and finish her parole there. My question is; Does this mean she will have to go back to prison or just finish her parole in that county ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

There is no way to know that for sure from the information you provided.

JD 1992 :

However, I can tell you it is unlikely they will revoke her parole just for this.

JD 1992 :

The CA prison system is under a federal judge's order to reduce the population and they aren't sending people to prison unless it is something really bad, which this is not.

JD 1992 :

I suspect that they are just unwilling to continue the courtesy supervision since she broke the rules.

Customer:

You are wonderful for answering my question and it was worth the money. You have given my daughter and myself a breath of air. This does help greatly and I appreciate your response whole heartedly.

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome.

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you and your daughter. Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) so I get credit for my work.

JD 1992 :

I am going to exit now to assist others if you don't have any other questions.

Customer:

God bless, it means a lot to me. Of course I will rate this excellent... Thanks again...

JD 1992 :

Bye!

Customer:

Bye now.... :-)

JD 1992 :

Bye.

Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I ask another question ?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I was just at the probation department with my Daughter and she tested dirty for Adderall. Can you tell me what is the norm for this offense ?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Did she have a prescription?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No she did not

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
A dirty drug screen added to the other issue could mean a revocation of her parole status. It isn't automatic and there is no way to know for sure. As I mentioned, CA is under an order to lower the number of prisoners so whereas normally this would mean a revocation since there are two things at once, in this case it may not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should she call her parole officer and admit to this and be up front with him ? Would that help ???

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
She can, if she got tested and will test positive they will know anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The person testing her has already called the parole officer and he knows already. He said he would be here in a couple days. I'm not sure what to expect and wondering if she will be arrested ?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
It is certainly possible. When they only mess up once it is unlikely they get revoked, two times very close together is a different matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything she can do to prevent arrest ?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
The only possible thing is to hire a lawyer to contact them and see if they would be willing not to revoke if she attends more drug classes, etc. That may not make any difference but it is the only possibility.

The more cooperative she is the less the chance she will be revoked but that is all that can be done. If she manages to get out of this one without being revoked she won't get any additional chances so she needs to stay on the straight and narrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thank you. Your answers are and have been very helpful. If I need to ask more questions, can I ?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Sure, although at some point they are going to want you to either Rate again or open another question. If you open another one just start it with FOR JD 1992 and I'll pick up as soon as I see it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alright, that sounds fine. Thank you again and again I do appreciate your help. Rated answers as excellent for you and your answers.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome. Please let me know if I can help again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will, take good care...

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
To you and your daughter as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wanted you to know that your answers were on the money and that I will trust you and this website for a long time to come. She is going to a drug/alcohol program for six months and not even being sent back to original county.

I want to thank you for easing my mind and giving me straight answers that has greatly helped me.

Your awesome...

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much. I'm glad it worked out.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome for the rating. Your information was right on the money and it has helped me to be able to breathe easier.

Thank you and I will contact you via "FOR JD 1992" when it is necessary.

Best regards,

George