Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.

What should I do when the persecutor office called to ask me

What should I do when the persecutor office called to ask me to do face interview to provide them information when they investigate my former agency for Medicaid fraud? Do I have my right not to respond to do interview for I have done it once to provide all information I knew and told them I did not want to do any more interview. I did not have any more information or evidence to provide regarding for I did not handle actual billing or money transaction. How to protect myself not to be bothered? They told me they investigate the agency now, can they turn against me as a suspect? I did not do anything wrong. Please reply soon. Thanks.
Welcome to JustAnswer.

You do have a right not to talk to them. Before making that decision I would make an appointment with a local criminal defense attorney.

If they subpoena you to court, you will not have a choice. You will be required to attend.

Also, it may be in your best interest to cooperate, but that is a decision that you need to make with the assistance of an attorney who can sit down with you and go over everything first and then be present with you, when and if, you do meet with the police or prosecutor again.