Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

A parent came forward to us (our church staff) and said another

A parent came forward to us (our church staff) and said another child sexually accosted and exposed themself to their child. What are the steps we as the church should take? Call child protective services? Call the police?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

This particular situation is addressed under section PC 11165.1 of the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting ACT (CANRA).

As the sexual contact was not mutual, this would qualify as abuse. Under California law there is a duty to report the incident to local law enforcement. They will then investigate the situation and determine what should happen if the allegations bear out.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would local law enforcement be the police or child protective services?

The police are who you would go to report what happened.