dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  J.D. degree, 15 years practice

Yesterday I went to a massage parlor. I took off my clothes

Yesterday I went to a massage parlor. I took off my clothes in one room and also left my wallet in that room. Then I went to another room to briefly be given a table shower. Being away from my wallet for a few minutes, I decided to dash back to the prior room in fear that it had been tampered with. There was no sign this had happened -- no money gone, all in the same place. The proprietor also said quite vehemently that she had not touched my wallet. And then I brought it back to the table shower room.

During the table shower the masseuse asked if I wanted a hand job. I declined.

We then returned to the prior room. Yes, I was completely naked. When I turned on my back, my front facing forward, the masseuse asked, "What do you want? Everything?" as she stroked my thigh. Mostly I nodded my head no, though I said I was tempted. But I kept turning my head and said "no, no, no." She massaged my chest and nipple area too, but again, she never touched my penis. And then I called an end to it. It just felt very uncomfortable.

For what it's worth, I parked two blocks from the venue so there's no chance anyone from there would spot my license plate. But I am wondering:
- Does the owner indeed have my name and address? Really, why would she want that as it would also implicate her business?

- More importantly, can that information alone be used against me to pursue criminal charges?

- Having declined sex, would the masseuse and owner be mad at me and then pursue an arrest? Again, I think not but I worry.

Thank you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 months ago.

dkennedy :

Customer:

Hello

Customer:

Perhaps you sense my anxeity.

Customer:

Do you have answer to my questions.

dkennedy :

I would like to help you with this. I do not think that the business would risk any trouble because as you pointed out, it would only get them in trouble. Besides, you did nothing illegal. If they "outed" everyone that came into the massage parlor they would be incriminating themselves and would not be in business any longer. they are interested in making money not worrying about getting people in trouble. Please follow up with any questions.

Customer:

So as I learned with the first opinion, there is really ZERO for me to worry about.

Customer:

- First of all, the owner likely doesn't even have my name.

Customer:

- Second, to "out" me would only hurt their business.

Customer:

Is there anything else about this I should keep in mind?

Customer:

Surely the masseuse can't say that I solicited her? This isn't what happened, but we all know how people can make things up.

Customer:

There seems no reason for the masseuse or the owner to pursue me, right?

Customer:

Also, let's play it out further: The parlor is raided and the owner does have my name-address. Is that kind of information something that could haunt me?

Customer:

I also have a hard time imagining an urban police force is interested this kind of stuff -- even though no crime -- after the fact. Aren't these arrests always made at the time by undercover or observing police?

Customer:

Hello?

Customer:

This is the strangest foray I've ever had on justanswer. In all other cases the expert has been with me through the chat and we've reached a superb point of closure. But right now it's been 20 minutes since I got the first answer, 15 minutes since I sent my questions. It is now 900 a.m. and I will wait ten minutes before seeking insight from another legal expert.

Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 months ago.

I don't think so. You are worrying for nothing. You did not commit a crime, although it was an uncomfortable situation, there is nothing they could ever get you for. I understand your thoughts on this, but my advice is to just put it behind you and move on. With a lesson learned.

dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience: J.D. degree, 15 years practice
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 months ago.
there must have been some "glitch" in the chat, so I changed it to the Q&A format. Hopefully you can see my replies now.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

So even in the scenario of the place being raided, I have nothing to worry about. A mere name and address is hardly evidence of anything criminal, correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

This was my last question but I'm not sure if it went through:

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Answer was first-rate but it appears the expert is in and out of the conversation. I've never had this kind of wait time for answers.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.
I'm going to post this as an information only just to let you know that your prior expert was 100% on the money. On your follow up questions your name and address aren't evidence of anything other than that you went there for a massage, if even evidence of that. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Fantastic. Thank you.

You're welcome. Be sure and rate the other expert positively, he gave great answers.