rvlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Former Assistant District Attorney - NYC; Criminal Defense Experience for 30+ years

I have a packet of information which I wrote into a report

I have a packet of information which I wrote into a report and which I would like to send in to the police. There were arguable crimes committed by an individual which this report explains all about. Can I mail in my information to the city's PD address? The department appears to have an online police report filer and a phone number, but I would prefer to mail my info in. Also, would eventually I be able to receive confirmation that my material was indeed investigated? For legal reasons I was hoping to at least receive some kind of confirmation that my complaint was received.

Hi and welcome to JA

First, I would suggest your delivering it in person and get a receipt from the exact officer who would handle it.

Second, or call and get the name of the person who will handle it and address it to him or her personally.....certified mail RRR.

Remember that this is not legal advice. Please see the JA terms of service. You must consult a CO lawyer.

Please accept my answer and rate it 3, 4 or 5 so I can receive credit for assisting you. You can go to a site called and search for a lawyer near you.