CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I went to a massage parlor. At the start I was told to take

I went to a massage parlor. At the start I was told to take off my clothes in one room, put on a bathrobe and go into another room for a brief table shower. While in the shower room, I worried that the owner looked at my wallet, so I dashed back to that room to check. There was no evidence any intrusion of my wallet had happened -- no money taken, nor did the pile the wallet was in appear changed from when I'd left it. The owner swore she'd done nothing with vehemence and I likely believer. Still, I tend to worry. It doesn't make any sense to me that the owner would go to my wallet and write down information such as my address. Would she? I doubt it. And even if she did, in no course of the massage did I solicit anything inappropriate -- though the masseuse solicited me, which I declined.

So I guess my question: Based on all this, should I even be worrying that my address is in the hands of a massage parlor owner? I really don't think there's any reason for them to garner this information. And still, would there be any reason this could hurt me? Yes, I often get anxious about a variety of things.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 11 months ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. There really should not be any concern or reason to worry. The reason being, is that the owner has much more to lose then you, in the event that something illegal were to happen or take place. Moreover, their reputation would be ruined if it came out that they were going into the wallets of clients and taking money or information, while services were being rendered. Even if they obtained your address, there is nothing for them to do with it. In the future, leave your wallet and ID in the car and only take in the necessary amount of money for the massage. As you mentioned above, nothing illegal happened and if it did and you were to report the business, their operation could be investigated and shut down. They would not want that to happen, so doing something to harm you or alert you to wrongdoing, would not be in their best interest.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So I should just carry on with my life, knowing that there's no logical reason the owner would do something like this, right? No reason these places want to harness addresses.

And also, I did not solicit, nor would there be any evidence of such, nor would a place like that ever want to give out names of customers, right?

In other words, this is just a form of anxiety that hits many people and I should just get on with my day, correct?

Please provide final reassurance and I will absolutely give you both a rating of 5 and a tip.

Yes, that is correct. Carry on with your life but make smart choices in the future. Do not put yourself in a situation where you feel uncomfortable or think that something bad may happen. A place like the one you went to has no reason to give out your name or any information. Places like those respect the privacy of their clients. The last thing they want is to ruin their business by having customers think there is no privacy and people will find out about where they are going and what they are doing. In addition, you did nothing illegal and received the services which were offered.
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience: 7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.