Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

What can the charge be for a foster parent who has allegations

What can the charge be for a foster parent who has allegations of having a sexual relationship with a foster child over the age of 18?

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

Was the foster child over the age of 18 at the time of the relationship?

Customer: Yes
JD 1992 :

There really isn't a criminal charge that fits since she was over 18.

JD 1992 :

I am assuming that any relationship was consensual and that she is not disabled in any way.

JD 1992 :

If that is correct then she was an adult and there is no crime.

Customer: It is a male who was my foster child who made allegations after I had him put in jail. It has also said that he told the investigator he was 17 at one point.
Customer: There was no relationship he justice allegations I think for revenge he is looking at 1-5 years
JD 1992 :

Male or female, consensual sex with someone over 18 is not crime unless it is a teacher-student relationship.

JD 1992 :

And even that law may be unconstitutional

Customer: They are saying something about my position of authority and they could bring criminal charges
JD 1992 :

What state are you in?

Customer: Ky
JD 1992 :

There are some statutes concerning foster parent but none if the person is over 18. Let me see if I can find you something on it.

JD 1992 :

Note that all of those require a person under 18.

Customer: Thank you
JD 1992 :

You're welcome and best wishes to you. Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) so I get credit for my work.

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.