Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
58645016

My grandaughter is 15 and was caught shoplifting with another

My grandaughter is 15 and was caught shoplifting with another girl when caught she called her mother who was in another part of the store the police woman would not allow my daughter in the room where they had the girls even though they had admitted their guilt and returned $100.00 worth of make-up the women officer insisted on frisking my granddaughter for drugs/weapons was that legal
Welcome to JustAnswer.

This is probably not what you want to hear, but yes, given that the officer had grounds to arrest your granddaughter for shoplifting she can search her incident to that arrest. Also, officers can do a pat down frisk for weapons on anyone they have lawfully detained which she was.