Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 28 yrs. exp. in criminal law

Charge 1 STATUTE: 893.13.6a CHARGE: POSSESS

Charge 1

STATUTE: 893.13.6a
CHARGE: POSSESS COCAINE

Charge 2

STATUTE: 893.13.6a
CHARGE: CNTRL SUB WO PRESCRIPTION

this is what I have been charged with in florida. What are my chances of some sort of probation. this is my first drug charge.

Charge 3

STATUTE: 893.147.1
CHARGE: AND OR USE
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. However, I will need to know the basic facts here. Please briefly describe what you were in possession of and how much and under what circumstances it was discovered. Also, when you say "first drug offense" do you mean you have other criminal convictions? If so, what were those convictions and how long ago?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

hi I believe I was snitched out by someone. I am a drug user. I was caught with less than a gram of crack, 2 percasettes, and a crack pipe. the police kicked in my door looking for marked bills which they did not find because i am just a user. they found no money or weapons. I think they were disappointed because it was not a big bust. I have a charge or petty theft from 3 years ago.

Hello again Steve and thank you for the additional information. Based solely on what you shared with me, it is highly likely that you will only get probation, plus fines and maybe drug counseling and community service. Even in Florida, judges aren't too keen on giving someone prison time for such a small amount of drugs and a first offense. Not only is it not serious enough for prison/jail, they just don't have enough room in the system to take more prisoners than they have to.

Of course, you need to be working with your criminal defense attorney on this, and you might even be able to get the charges dismissed depending on the facts of the bust/warrant.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney with 28 yrs. exp. in criminal law