CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

Sent 10 Cialis in the mail to my friend in ohio. I put them

Sent 10 Cialis in the mail to my friend in ohio. I put them in a ball point pen. Also kidding him I wrote him a short note thanking him for his biz. Did not think anything of it till he did not get the envelope. This was sent in my business envelope, as I am a Insurance agent. Very worried that it sounds like I was selling these when that was not the case. This has been a week now. What should I do? Should I go to my post office and talk to postmaster? Very worried, please advise? What should I do? What can I expect?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 months ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you were to go to your post office and speak with them, there is little that they could do to help at this time, if the package was sent through the regular mail. If there is no tracking number, it would be difficult for them to tell you the status of a single letter. As a result of the pen and the weight, it is possible that not enough postage was on the letter and it is going to be returned to you. If the letter was confiscated and seized, they would either sent you notice or the police would arrive at your home or business. It was certainly silly to send these through the mail in the first place, not to mention hide them in a pen and write a note along with sending it from your business, as it would not be difficult to track you down. While I know this is not what you want to hear, at this time it is best to just wait and see what happens. It may be a situation where the letter is confiscated and destroyed or if this is going to be investigated, you will certainly be contacted. You do not likely want to draw any additional information to the situation and if you go to the post office and start asking about a letter and voicing your concern about the concealed contents, it can only make matters worse. As I stated above, it is possible that the mail is delayed, lost or in the process of being returned, which is why your friend never got the pills.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

So the police could come to my door over this? Could they send me a letter to address the problem? How much time approx. that I might here something?

At first, you would likely receive notice or a letter in the mail from the post office, saying the letter was confiscated and to contact them. If they do not send a letter, the police would only get involved if they thought there was criminal activity and the sale of a controlled substance/drug and they were contacted by the postal service. IF something were to even happen, it could take a few weeks but the longer that time passes, the better for you.
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience: 7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.