shurmust
shurmust, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  I have completed over fifty jury trials in the last three years and teach part-time at a local state college.
69736160

I have done exceptionally well after serving my sentence in

I have done exceptionally well after serving my sentence in federal prison. I have 5 years probation. I've completed almost 2. I would like to get off probation early.What should a letter to the judge say? .

Greetings! I am happy to help you answer this question. I am a little confused, do you have a lawyer to help you with this matter?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. i don't have a lawyer to help me. That's why I'm asking

Okay. I understand. While you may not have a lawyer, simply writing a letter is not the route one in your position should be taking. You have to understand there are rules that prohibit you from talking to directly to the judge without the other party (prosecutor) present. You should consider hiring a lawyer for the purposes of terminating your probation early. Generally, you can not have any violations on probation and you will have to have completed at least half of the term. In addition to demonstrating model behavior as you explained.