Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My sons guns were taken away by the LAPD three years after

My son's guns were taken away by the LAPD three years after he was held on a 5150 hold. He subsequently applied to an LA County mental Heath court to get his guns released. The judge approved the release, but when he sent the paperwork to the Dept of Justice, they denied his request. What should he do now?

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

It sounds to me that the DOJ may have incorrect information in its files and so you need to first get the DOJ file, reiview it and if there is inaccurate information then you will need to have the court correct it via a letter.

To get a copy of the DOJ file you need to use the Request for Live Scan file - HERE AT THIS LINK

All the information on how to submit it is on the form at that blue link above.