How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25902
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 68 year old disabled senior. I have lived at my present

This answer was rated:

I am a 68 year old disabled senior. I have lived at my present address for six years with two other disabled persons. Recently, my landlord, and my next door, who is also his tenant have made concerted effort to force me to move. I believe it is due to the fact, that the landlord who has hardly ever done any maintenance or repair, is seeing dollar signs. this is due to the fact that through my and my friends efforts, what was before, a dump is now a somewhat decent home. we have also endured harassment from both our neighbors and the police. I have always paid the rent, and we mind our business. we are being threatened by some would be bikers across the street, and i fear things will get out of hand.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you have a written lease agreement or are you a month to month tenant? Are you in any special type of housing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in a rented home. I have a rental agreement. I have never received a receipt.

Thank you for the additional information. The landlord has no legal right to just force you out. If you have a rental agreement, it will control and allow you to stay, until it expires or you are in breach and the landlord tries to evict you. Unless the landlord has a legal basis for eviction, he can not force you out. Only a Judge can order that you be evicted and there would need to be evidence to show you have no legal right to be there, as a result of the lease ending or a breach, as stated above. If the landlord is trying to retaliate against you or use self help to get you out, you could have a legal basis to sue him and collect damages. If the bikers or other individuals are causing you problems, you need to call the police every time. If the landlord is making false allegations to the police, you need to obtain a report, identifying him and the person who is doing this, in case you want to sue or need to show what he is doing, if he tries to evict you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions