How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 19135
Experience:  Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in CA and had some landscaping and concrete work done

This answer was rated:

I live in CA and had some landscaping and concrete work done by a contractor. They made laid concrete in the area going to and in an RV parking area on one side of my home and did other work. On the 8th of July my next door neighbor was knocking at my door and told me that one of the contractor’s trucks backed up over the curb and sidewalk hitting and damaging our small fence. I took pictures and thanked her for letting me know. Is the vehicular incident something that should have been reported to our local Police Department?
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

It's certainly not a legal requirement to report it to the police, but technically their failure to wait at the scene and report it themselves could be seen as "leaving the scene of an accident" which is generally a criminal act.

Now, you can choose to report it to the police if you wish to. They may be willing to take a report and do something with it, or they may simply recommend that you take civil action against the contractor in order to recover.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is helpful. I have other legal questions about the landscaping I had done but need an answer from the just ask landscaping expert first.

Ok. Sounds good. Just let me know when you have an additional question on the law issue.
Allen M., Esq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions