Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

Is it illegal to place an ad in a personals website (i.e.

Is it illegal to place an ad in a 'personals' website (i.e. craigslist) asking people to pay money to watch you masturbate in your home. My home is in New York State and I am over the age of 18. This advise is for me personally.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Unfortunately, yes, that is illegal. Prostitution is defined as engaging or agreeing to engage in sexual conduct with another person in exchange for a fee. N.Y. Penal Laws, Section 230. Sexual conduct is defined as "any touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a person for the purpose of gratifying sexual desire of either party." Section 130. That definition would include masturbation while another person watches.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer, would this be legal if it was done in my home?

Unfortunately, no, it isn't. It's considered prostitution any time a person accepts cash to engage in any sexual behavior, regardless of where it occurs. Prostitution is a Class B misdemeanor.