Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

I was involved in project synergy. The government is charging

I was involved in project synergy. The government is charging me with a chemical I stopped using in may last year. The chemical became illegal in June. Do government law apply to before the law was written?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

No. The U.S. Constitution's prohibition on ex post facto laws prevents a person from being charged criminally for doing something that was not illegal at the time that it happened.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.