Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

In a misdemeanor case, if after the trial someone orders a

In a misdemeanor case, if after the trial someone orders a part of the transcript (the testimony of one person) from the trial judge's court reporter and the court reporter files a notice that that portion of the transcript has been filed, can any citizen request the court reporter to tell them who ordered that part of the transcript, in other words is that information(who ordered the portion of transcript) a part of the public record?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

What state is this in, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oklahoma

Thank you.

Yes, this is open record. However, this is not "normal" open record, so the clerk may not agree to reveal this at fist. If not, then one can petition for the information via the Oklahoma Open Records Act, by sending a letter - see here.

The Oklahoma Open Records Act (51 §24A.1 et seq.) holds court records as open unless specifically sealed by the courts. So if this information is available, it may be provided.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A similar question. I am trying to find the square footage of the jail cells in the local county jail. I have checked with the Oklahoma State Departement of Health who inspects the jails and set many other guidelines for the city and county jails and they tell me the don't have the square footage of the cells. However, they are the ones who determined the jail capacity and for city and county jails that is determined by square footage per cell. So again could I use the open records act to request from them the square footage? They referred me to the county commissioners when I asked who had the floor plans for the jail with the square footage and they have not responded yet.

Friend,

What county is this in, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would prefer not to give the county. Wouldn't the answer be the same for all counties in Oklahoma?

On second thought this is Garfield County in Enid, Oklahoma. I am looking for square footage for each cell in Garfield County Detention Center.

It would, no worries, I simply wanted to direct you to the postal address.

So again could I use the open records act to request from them the square footage? They referred me to the county commissioners when I asked who had the floor plans for the jail with the square footage and they have not responded yet.

Good question, and I have an answer. The local county jail is under the maintenance, supervision, and funding of its county. So the open records request would then simply need to be sent to the local county's sheriff (or whoever is in charge of the jail), to get the answer.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After some thinking I decided to give you the county. See previous post. I think you may have answered question before getting that info. Does it make any difference? Can you tell me anything more?

Friend,

Did you see my last answer?