Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I was at an event at a Hilton hotel a little over a month ago.

I was at an event at a Hilton hotel a little over a month ago. I was drinking a lot. There was a security guard at the bar. I flirted with him and we went to my room. I made a bad decision and I accept that. What happened was consensual. Turns out he was a cop on duty. I asked him to put on a condom and he didn't. I got pregnant and had an excruciatingly painful miscarriage. I have to wait until October to get an HIV test.

What I want to know is should I let it go? I would like help with all of the expenses. He has a side job as event security at the hotel and he is a Raleigh Police officer. I am worried that since he was watching me drink that this may be a patern of his. I know that adult decisions have consequences. Should I contact him about expenses? The hotel? The precinct? Or should I just let it go. It's only been a few hundred dollars so far.

But I sent him to get a condom, he went and bought one and then I told him to put it on. He said he did, but he didn't.

When I had the miscarriage, I didn't go to the hospital because I was so early along, I didn't see a reason to. So, I have no written proof of a pregnancy.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

This would not be the hotel's fault I am afraid or the fault of the police department. Any claims you would have would be against the individual himself. If you had evidence of the pregnancy and miscarriage, you would have had grounds to have pursued him to pay at least half of the expenses associated with that, but as you did not get medical treatment for this and have no proof of the pregnancy, I am afraid that you really would not have a legal claim you can bring, especially since you admit this was all consensual, even though he did not use the condom you asked him to use.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience