Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Back in the 1980s I did some construction work as a owner-builder

Back in the 1980's I did some construction work as a owner-builder in my home in Honolulu, Hi. Building permits were in order to include electrical work. Just today I found out that I may have been in violation of a building code which I was not aware off will check come Monday morning. Here's my situation, I sold the house in 1987 and I need to know how to go about informing the home owner now what may have happened because I was unaware of the violation and I am willing to correct the mistake. Robbie

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Of course, if you were not aware then there is no mistake. However, if you feel you want to let the current homeowner know you can simply call them and tell them

And while that is a nice gesture, they do not have to allow you to make any repairs. They can call their own electrician and then make you pay the bill since you are now informing them there is a possible error.