Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

a husband and wife have a fight in missouri. The cops are

a husband and wife have a fight in missouri. The cops are called and take a report. The husband and wife dismiss the charges they have against each other. There is NO actions by the police or prosecutor. This happened a couple of years ago. Can someone other than the parties locate that police report....
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Yes, I am afraid that police reports of closed arrest cases in MO are public records, which means if someone goes and looks they can get the copy of the police report. All police reports except for open investigations are open for public records under the MO public records law.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was no arrest.... NObody was charged and no police report just a incident report can you locate incident reports

Thank you for your response.

I understood that was no arrest. You said specifically "police report" in your initial question and that is a public record as well and if the police wrote any type of report when they came to the scene as they are supposed to do on any Domestic Violence call, even if they wrote an initial incident report that is a police report, that is public record. I do not know what you are referring to as a difference between police report and incident report (as an incident report is a police report), but under the MO public records law ANYTHING filed with a government agency is a public record.