Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
11688690

I am selling my car to a Car Buy Co, who I found on the internet,

Customer Question

I am selling my car to a Car Buy Co, who I found on the internet, I am feeling a little uncomfortable about the sale since they will be coming by my home and inspecting the car and at that time will give me a check for the amount, I give them my title and power of attorney, bill of sale.
I am uncomfortable because I would like the check to actually clear before I give them the car and title.
They also wanted a copy of mydrivers license.\
I have found the company on the internet.
I know if I were selling the car to an individual the same conditions would exist

any advice on what to do, thank you marsha clark
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is Fred and I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Cash only - only accept cash. NO checks, no money orders, no certified bank checks - cash only.

How much are you selling the vehicle for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
selling for 12,750
Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
OK, they can come with that much cash - absolutely.

What you do then is allow them to look at your vehicle and negotiate the price at your home.

However, inform them that you want to go to your local bank to finalize the deal - strictly because you are uncomfortable with the situation. That you will finalize the deal at a local bank - they hand you over the cash and you will sign over title at that time.

Then everyone goes their merry way and you can immediately deposit the monies into your bank account.

But I would not do anything less and you can feel safe by performing the transaction at one of those "counters" banks have around in their lobby.

You can even contact your bank and see if you can use a room for the transaction.

But I wouldn't do anything less under the circumstances.

They absolutely can bring that amount of cash with them - no problems.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).
Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.