Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer

my son got a curfew ticket while driving on his restricted

my son got a curfew ticket while driving on his restricted liscense. He was within his restriction and also just over 48 mins of curfew time but there again the exceptions of that law he was within all so. My question is how do we prove this and what do plea at court
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

What is your son's defense?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That he was on his way from Middletown,Ohio which is about an hour away and got pulled over almost home @148. His defense is that he was on his way home so he could go to work at 6am. so he was on his way to a job and he also had our permission to come home. We got a receipt that was given to the gentleman who he worked for and also a written statement saying that Michael did work for him on the day in question

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the additional information.

If your son was on his way home from work then you are correct. He falls within the exception for work. Your son would plead not guilty and provide evidence that he was traveling directly from work to home. The statement from the employer is good. In addition, you may want to bring a copy of the work schedule for that week showing the shift ending shortly before he was stopped.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Lavonne, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.