How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 793
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter is gonna b 17 the end of this month, and she was

This answer was rated:

my daughter is gonna b 17 the end of this month, and she was with 3 of her friends in a friends car, and her friends were drinking and had alcohol in her friends car, not my7 daughter and she even blew and blew a triple zero, yet she still got a ticket for possession??? is that right??
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with you question today.

Can you tell in which state this occurred? Also if the ticket is available and you have the code section under which she was charged please provide that also.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lakemoor, il. and possession of alcohol/liquor??


The Illinois statute prohibits a person from possessing alcohol.

You can read the statue here:

While the .000 tests results show that your daughter did not consume any alcohol the do not necessarily mean that she was not in possession of alcohol. That is why the officer most likely charged her.

If she contest the charge in court she can point her .000 test results to show that she had not consumed the alcohol. If another passenger had a positive test result that the alcohol that was found belonged to that person and not your daughter. Hopefully she has a reasonable judge.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.
LegalEagle1 and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ty.. thats kinda the same way i feel about it. lol thanks again for your help(:

You're welcome. And good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.