CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I got pulled over after leaving a backpage escorts hotel room

I got pulled over after leaving a backpage escorts hotel room and the officers said that they knew what I was doing and if I told them the truth I wouldn't go to jail. Now I know that I shouldn't have said anything but I ended up singing like a canary in exchange for my promise to testify when they arrested her. The other option was to go to jail and sort it all out later according to the officer. Any idea of what will happen to me? Her?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Did they charge you with anything or did they just let you go? Did you get anything in writing from them, advising that if you cooperated, they would not file charges and prosecute?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wasn't charged with anything but they had me write down my account of the entire incident. No i did not get anything in writing. I wish I had. Honestly I think he was being truthful but damn who knows Thats what scared me after reflection....well they scared me all the way through. they surrounded my car in the underground parking garage after apparently following me 15 miles, told me they knew what I had been doing and if I cooperated and told the truth they would not prosecute

The fact that you were not charged with anything is certainly a good thing. They likely want to go after her, not you and will need your cooperation to help prosecute the case. At this time, you have to wait and see. If they have your information and arrested her, they are going to turn your statement over to the State, who will file charges and prosecute. They will likely review your statement and contact you, asking you to testify as a witness, if she wants to fight this and go to trial. If they do contact you, you should ask that they reduce the agreement to writing, so you have some form of protection, in case the police or State go back on their word.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.