MyraB, Lawyer
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.

i was convicted for:conspiracy to import cocain in 1972, this

i was convicted for:conspiracy to import cocain in 1972, this was still under the BNDD, we tried to get any information about this case about 20 years ago through some lawayers in germany, but could not find any records about my case, how could i find out what or where my records are, and is a 'conspiracy' the same as having commited the crime??
Hello and thank you for your question.

The FBI keeps a central database of criminal convictions. The process to obtain your criminal history record from the FBI is explained here

Conspiracy is defined as an agreement between two or more people to commit a crime. Generally, anyone who conspires to commit any drug-related crime will be punished as though he had actually committed the crime. However, the elements of a conspiracy are different than those of the object crime. To prove a conspiracy, the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that there was an agreement to violate a drug law; that each alleged conspirator knew of the agreement and intended to join the conspiracy; and there must have been at least one act in furtherance of the intended conspiracy. Circumstantial evidence may be enough to prove each of these elements.

Please let me know if you need any further information and feel free to ask any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much, i am sorry for the delay, i can't say iam happy with the answer, but this is life. However, i have a few more questions,which i will send to you shortly if ok with you. I am very bussy right now, and have to fly to cambodia this week. During my flight from amsterdam to phnom penh i will have plenty of time to get my thoughts in order to write the things down, which are bugging me for years
thank you very much, till soon
Ingo grill from amsterdam

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry that the Answer was not the one you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

I look forward to working with you on any further questions you may have. Please take a moment to rate my answer positively when you have the opportunity as it is the only way I can receive credit for assisting you. As a subscriber you have unlimited accepts and the question will remain open even after you rate.

Thank you.