Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

can I restore my full civil rights in ky after 30 yrs of not

can I restore my full civil rights in ky after 30 yrs of not even a traffic offence? young,stupid,and regretful--dumb--cocain there an answer.
Hi Jacustomer,

I wish I had better news for you. Kentucky is a pretty tough state. In many other states, at least some of your right, like the right to vote, would get restored at the completion of your sentence. That's not true in Kentucky. To get any of your rights back you're going to need a pardon from the governor.

Pardons are not easy to come by. In fact, they are very very rare. But then so is someone with a felony offense who hasn't had another bit of trouble in 30 years. You're probably going to be a better candidate than most of the applicants with stats like yours.

You don't need a lawyer to apply for a pardon, You can do it all for yourself. The state has not released it's forms on the internet. You have to order them from the Governor's Office. Here's the link to more information about it.

Best of luck!