Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

Hello I got a ticket for 647(b)pc prostitution in San Diego

I got a ticket for 647(b)pc prostitution in San Diego and am first offender. Officer says that I probably end up with paying fine but I am not sure about it. Do you think I should talk to a lawyer?
My name isXXXXX have over ten years of criminal defense experience and will be assisting you today.

If you do not have a record, you may be able to work out a plea deal to keep it that way. If you pay a fine that is the same as a guilty plea and this will remain permanently on your record.

In many cases, there are classes you can take or community service you can do that result in the charge being dismissed. You would need your lawyer to negotiate with the prosecutor to get that result. Certainly do not take the advice of the police officer who arrested you. Your interests are not his concern.

From here, retain a local attorney to represent you and try to work out a plea that will keep your record clean.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, If I have my attorney, does that mean I do not have to show the trial?Since I have no record and do not want this to remain on my record, I would get a local attorney and what kind of community service do I have to take?

You always have to show up in court. How much community service you do or how your case is resolved depends entirely on the negotiation skills of your attorney. Nothing is automatic. Just stay in touch with your lawyer to ensure that they are giving adequate attention to your case.