Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

I got a DWI in Missouri on December 24, 2006 when I was 20

Customer Question

I got a DWI in Missouri on December 24, 2006 when I was 20 years old. I got the charges brought down to a littering ticket. Well I've been trying to get my IL nursing license. It was rejected because my DWI popped up on my FBI fingerprints. I need to prove that I've been off probation, the case is closed, and all fees have been paid. They said I was on probation for 2 years, but I never had a probation officer. I've tried calling the lawyer that I used and they are not any help.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is Nate and I have over a decade of criminal defense experience. I will be assisting you today.

You need to go to court clerk where you pleaded to the reduced charge and get a certified copy of the judgement order in your case. It will show what really happened (that you were not on probation and were not convicted of a DWI). With that in hand, show the hospital how the case was really resolved.

You also need to correct this with the FBI database. Sometimes they miss updates and this appears to be one of those times. You need to call the FBI's National Crime Information Center at (304)625-2000. They can assist you in updating the national database to show the correct resolution of your case.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.