Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I have a warrant in Mississippi. I live in California now.

Customer Question

I have a warrant in Mississippi. I live in California now. Will I have issues in California for my warrent in Mississippi?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.
Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

It will show up in CA. But if you have been pulled over the reason you are not being arrested is because the warrant is clearly marked Non Extraditable or DO Not Extradite.

And so because Mississippi will not pay to have you moved back this warrant will only affect you if you return to Mississippi
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I contacted Mississippi and they said there was no way for me to take care of it without going down there. My boyfriend is going to be placed on house arrest is my warrant out there going to hinder that option for him?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.
Hello

He is going to be on houses arrest at your home in CA?

Yes, it certainly will hinder that process even though there is no extradition.

You have to have a Mississippi attorney work to get that quashed and recalled for you so it is out of the database.