Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

Hello, I did get indiicted on the question I previously asked.

Customer Question

Hello, I did get indiicted on the question I previously asked. The wierd thing is my ex went to the grandjury indictment and told the people that he lied about the whole thing and I did have his permission. I guess I am just wondering if They can really prosecute me with him admiting he lied.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately, they can. Victims recant recant their stories all the time for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it is because they lied, sometimes it is because they feel bad, or were paid off, or any number of reasons that do not mean the person accused is innocent. The prosecutor evaluates their case and decides whether to go forward with the conflicting statements. They do have an uphill battle to show which statement is accurate and your lawyer will certainly try to use the statements to your advantage. But unfortunately they can try to prosecute you based on his original statements.