Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

I am on a deferred prosecution here in wa state . I recently

I am on a deferred prosecution here in wa state . I recently went to ca and had contact with on officer . I have no probation officer . will wa state be notified . I was drinking at the time and that is against the terms of my probation . no citation or infraction was given .
My name isXXXXX have over a decade of criminal law experience and will be assisting you today.

If you did not get a citation or get arrested, you are in good shape. There is no database where Washington state would know you merely made contact with law enforcement in another state. Your only concern would be if you ended up in the system through arrest or citation. In that case, it would have gone into the national database and you'd have to worry about consequences in Washington.

In short, based on what you've told me you're fine. There's no need to worry. Just be more careful going forward so you can keep your record clean.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nate ,

thank you , how can I be sure I wasn't given a citation? I was pretty drunk . just to be on the safe side of things

Sometimes they are put in the court system before you go into be booked. Call the criminal court clerk in the county or city where this happened and have them do a check with your name and date of birth. That way you will know.