Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I am a disabled veteran that uses a cane to walk. I recently

Customer Question

I am a disabled veteran that uses a cane to walk. I recently bought 6000 worth of upgrades for my truck from ziebarts, everything was fine but the anti glare tint for my windshield and the remote starter drained my battery. I took my truck back in several times and several times they botched the job. A week ago the electronics mechanic told me they put the wrong starter in and needed to replace it but it was their fault and would cover the 300 dollars, instead the owners son/manager tried to reprogram the starter, last Saturday while driving on I-81 when I hit my brake pedal the vehicle shut off for no reason at 65mph(2012 silverado) almost resulting in a accident with my self and my wife in the car. I figured it was the remote start so on Monday I took it back to ziebarts and the electronic mechanic once again told me it was because it had the wrong remote starter, so the manager told him to take it out and they would refund me, I then reminded him about the tint that had yet to be fixed a month after I paid for it, so he agreed to retint my windshield but never offered a apology for not fixing the starter when he knew it was wrong, so I said to him " imagine it would have been your daughter in the truck crying when you almost crashed instead of my wife" he then threw the roll of tint started swearing at me and telling me to " leave his f**king business, that's when a second employee came at me and started pushing me out the door, they backed my truck out minus a remote starter and the botched tint still on my windshield, I yelled to them what about my refund, the response from the man that pushed me out of the store was " come get it" not knowing he was being sarcastic I went to the front door and proped open the door without entering and said ok where is it? The man who shoved me then came flying out from the garage shoved me again and said these pansies may not kick your ass but I will. I then left went home settled down and called the police and filed a police report, the owners son then began texting me and threatening to lie about what happened and say I was having a flashback and had to be removed. Yes I am a disabled vet put I was never deployed and never overseas and do not have flashbacks. This continued until I called the state police a second time and told them what he was saying to me and they called him and he stopped. Is their any legal course of action I can take against them? I had to sleep with a gun last night because I was in fear for my life since they know where I live since it is on their sales receipt.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Yes there is a legal course of action and it would be to sue them for breach of contract for their negligent work and also for battery and assault for them treating you the way they did when you went in and complained to them about the improper work. You can seek damages for the improper repairs and also the emotional distress caused by them committing assault/battery on you while you were in the store and all of their threats. KEEP the text message and save his threats to lie about you as evidence in your case against him.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you refer a lawyer to use by chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response I never saw your response for some reason as it never came through to my email I sincerely apologize for that.

The site rules forbid us from making personal referrals and the best we can do is suggest you use the same sites used by other attorneys to find a general litigation attorney, http://www.martindale.com or http://www.hg.org