Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

My son has had two georgia background checks and nothing came

Customer Question

My son has had two georgia background checks and nothing came up then he had a background check from a big company and an 8 year old dead docketed case for alcohol consumption by a minor came up on my record it said I had done 20 hours of community service which I didn't and the case was thrown out in court for an illegal search- why is this on his record when it did not show up on the record for GCIC one week earlier?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 12 months ago.
My name is Nate. I have over a decade of criminal law experience and will be assisting you today.

Often times the private background search firms keep out-of-date records. There is no law presently in effect that requires them to periodically update those records, so things that have been dismissed or otherwise dealt with sometimes show up and its bad information.

Having run into this before, I would suggest you have an attorney write a letter to all the of the major background search firms (the top 8 - 12) informing them of how the case was disposed and demanding they update their database. That way this sort of thing will not happen again in the future.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

How can they put that he did community service when he did not when he left the courtroom that day the case had been thrown out ? Can I send this background service a copy of the background check from GCIC which is the official site for current information in Georgia it needs to be corrected in 24 hours

Expert:  Nate replied 12 months ago.
That's what I'm suggesting you do. I have done that before with clients in similar situations and it's always worked. The companies will update their information and that's the end of it.
Expert:  Nate replied 12 months ago.
I see that you rated my service negatively. What else would you like to know about the situation to assist you?

I want to provide you with excellent service. I look to your reply.

Thanks!